Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Giving Back

We had a rough start to this week this week. Kylee was admitted into the hospital because she was having an entirely difficult time breathing. She was discharged today after lots and lots of breathing treatments, some fluids, and some antibiotics. They decided she had a virus that triggered some Asthma. She's been a trooper and I'm so proud of her.

So I got to thinking...She came home today with a "Project Linus" blanket. It was a handmade blanket that the pediatrics units give to the patients. It's funny how something so small has made that child's day...she loves that blanket! It made me realize again how awesome it is to give. Someone took the time to knit those blankets and put a smile on little kid's faces. I've decided that now that I am out of school, I would love to put my spare time to use by giving to others. I'm not sure yet what I want to do but I just want to make other people's day and I want to teach my children to do the same...There's so many organizations that I'm ready to give back to too and just people in general! This is going to be a main focus for us this Summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment