Friday, April 12, 2013

Just so grateful

Every time that I've been pregnant, everyone has always asked me if I wanted a boy or a girl. My reply to them was I didn't care as long as it's healthy. This has always been true, but I never realized how true. It seems that I have taken my healthy babies for granted. Draven was born fighting for his life and has had a number of sicknesses since he was born. He's gone through Flu A which sent him into Hypothermia and apnea,  Pneumonia, Klebsiella Oxytoca (a rare infection in his blood stream, which can be life threatening), an inguinal hernia, Flu B, and Bronchitis. It's sad that it took me till child #7 to realize what a blessing it has been to have healthy children. I know that people think that I'm a little overbearing at times now, I freak out about everything....but I have to say that it's hard to understand until you go through it. I've experienced lots of scary firsts with him and I DO worry about the slightest sickness because the slightest sicknesses has become really serious for him. This boy has taught me a lot. I am thankful for his health because it could always be worse and I am thankful for the health of his brothers and sisters. Never again will I take my children's health for granted.




No comments:

Post a Comment