Saturday, April 27, 2013

What??? Mother of SEVEN? How old are you??

A younger associate at work (19) was exchanging diapers for her baby today. She has a 3 month old. We got in the conversation of babies and kids and the older man behind us kind of pushed his way into our conversation. He asked how old she was and she told him. He said that she needed to wait to have any more babies and definitely didn't need to get married yet. He said she didn't need any more babies until she was at least 26. For some reason, these kinds of conversations get me kind of heated so I was trying not to be part of the conversation. She then pointed out to him that I had 7 children. Of course I get the reaction I always get when people learn this fact. The "OMG, do you really? How do you do it?" kind of reaction. Then of course comes the nosy questions.....ya know the "how old are you" and other personal questions. When people ask me these questions I feel like asking them if they'd like my phone number, address, credit card information, and social security number as well.   It always angers me so I just try to smile through the annoyed emotions that I get. So, according to this man I was too young to have my child at 19 and marry at 18? I didn't know there was an age on love! Yes, for most people...18 may be too young to marry and 19 may be too young to have babies, but for some people 30 is too young to marry and 30 is too young to have babies!!! What's right for someone may be completely wrong for the next!!! I will tell you that I have been happily married for almost 10 years now and I have 7 children that I love more than life itself. I have no regrets of starting my family so young! "You sir, have a right to your opinion, but you sir, are WRONG!"----if I hadn't been at work, I would have loved to have given my opinion as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment